Vitamin C: LEGEN….. wait for it – DARY!
We know we are fans of HIMYM, but even Barney Stinson himself agrees that when we call super-house vitamin C legendary, we mean it! The holy grail product that’s a part of almost everyone’s skincare routine, vitamin C has been crowned the king and rightfully so, deserves the title too. Why? Well be it uneven skin tone, dull complexion, signs of aging, fine lines, acne, pigmentation and general dullness — you name just about any common skin concern, and will find vitamin C as a recommended treatment. It has steadily made its way to numerous shelves around the globe and can be found infused in the best of skin care products from major brands too. And yes, we know that you’re smart enough to know its benefits, but we hate seeing you do all the hard work. So, we’re to take that one task off your plate!
If you’re yet to incorporate vitamin C or a skincare product infused with it, into your daily skin routine, allow us to convince you of the many reasons why you should!
1. What exactly is vitamin C?
A potent antioxidant that can neutralize free radicals. It boasts of brilliant antioxidant properties that aid in your skin’s natural regeneration process that helps your body repair damaged skin cells. Also known as ascorbic acid or L-ascorbic acid, vitamin C aids skin by helping to offset daily aggressors like UV damage and exposure to air pollution that lead to dullness, pigmentation and signs of aging.
2. How does it benefit skin?
- It brightens complexion: If not for your dermatologist, someone surely must’ve told you about using vitamin C to tackle dark spots, pigmentation or general skin dullness. For all the times you stepped out without wearing sunscreen (which you surely might be repenting of) the damage to your skin would lead it to looking tired and dull. That’s where vitamin C comes in. It improves the appearance of dull skin by giving you a more even and bright complexion with a natural lit from within glow.
- Acts as an anti-aging hero: Vitamin C plays an important role in collagen production .Collagen helps give your skin support and structure, and as it degrades with age, it leads to wrinkles and fine lines aka the signs of aging! To help curb this, vitamin C acts as a natural collagen booster that in turn improves your skin’s elasticity, texture, thereby leading to a more youthful appearance and glow.
- Reduces dark spots and pigmentation: The amazing brightening powers of vitamin C also extend to reducing/fading acne marks or lightning pigmentation. It inhibits the production of skin pigments (also known as melanin) to even out skin tone, lightens dark spots, sun spots, blemishes, and hyperpigmentation caused due to melasma.
3. How to get your dose of vitamin C for skin care?
- Consume it: Instead of only using that glass of orange juice to spruce up your Instagram story, consume it daily. Oranges are said to be one of the richest sources of vitamin C that provides an estimate of 70mgs of the nutrient. Ain’t that cool! So, the next time you head to the market, pick up some oranges and eat them too.
- Opt for supplements: Apart from your regular eatables, vitamin C can also be consumed in the form of supplements. They come in the form of tablets, capsules, powder, as well as beverage drinks. Just ensure you check the amount of vitamin C stored in each to ensure that you won’t lack the supplement you need.
- Apply it: By now you should know that the cosmetics industry is literally crazy behind vitamin C. Apart from its amazing skin care benefits, this antioxidant also acts as a great shield against the sun. One sure way to get your dose of vitamin C is by topically applying it. By that we mean your regular skincare or makeup products infused with vitamin C that work just as great as the food and supplements. These products can be found almost everywhere, catering to different skincare concerns. And if you’re wondering if we too are gaga about this antioxidant, the answer is yes!
While vitamin C is safe to use for all skin types, it is recommended to perform a patch test with any new skin care product infused with it. This is a must, especially if you have sensitive skin. And if you are just starting with vitamin C skin care products, remember to choose the ones with a lower concentration of the antioxidant, and then gradually work your way up.
Here are some best lipsticks shade that every beauty lover must know foloow this link below